Update: The intern positions are no longer available.
To apply please email your CV and three references to Cody Dunne cdunne [AT] us.ibm.com.
Our research group aims to advance the state of the art on visual analytics. We are an interdisciplinary group comprised of computer scientists, data scientists, social network analysts, and designers. We are working on a diverse set of truly fascinating projects, including pure R&D/papers (VIS/InfoVis/VAST, CHI, EuroVis, Graph Drawing), applied mathematics, developing prototypes for the most important industries in the world, and gallery installations. Many internships have resulted in academic publications, patents, and new features in IBM products. One of our main areas of interest is developing new graph/network layout techniques that help users understand and analyze complext datasets.
Our laboratory is located a few minutes from the MIT campus in an inclusive and friendly work environment. Despite being small geographically, Boston has 61 colleges and universities and hosts a vibrant academic atmosphere.
Graph Drawing, Network Visualization, Information Visualization, Network Analysis, Human-Computer Interaction
- Design, implement, and evaluate a novel visual analytics prototype following user-centered design principles.
- Collaborate with domain experts within Watson.
- Publish and present results to both the academic community and to non-scientists.
- M.S. student in Graph Drawing, Information Visualization, Computer science, or a directly related field.
- Publication history within the academic community related to Graph Drawing/Network Visualization.
- Research skills including data visualization, processing, modeling, analysis, and user studies/usability testing.
- Excellent communication skills for conveying technical material to both scientists and non-scientists in both written and oral presentations.
- Strong desire to work in a team environment.
- English: Intermediate
- PhD student
- English: Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.