Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LaTeX Error: Undefined Color when using apa.cls

I was writing a journal article in LaTeX using the apa.cls style and was having trouble with my little command for leaving notes to myself:
\documentclass[jou]{apa}
\usepackage{color}
...
\definecolor{Orange}{rgb}{1,0.5,0}
\newcommand{\todo}[1]{\textsf{\textcolor{Orange}{[#1]}}}
On building, I'd get an error message: LaTeX Error: Undefined Color `ORANGE'. It only happened when using the jou option, not with man or doc. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out, and on a whim changed the color from Orange to ORANGE. Viola! It works perfectly! Apparently something in there automatically upper-cases the color.
\definecolor{ORANGE}{rgb}{1,0.5,0}%Lowercase breaks on \documentclass[jou]{apa}!
\newcommand{\todo}[1]{\textsf{\textcolor{ORANGE}{[#1]}}}

1 comment: