Update: The positions are no longer available.IBM's Watson Group (Cambridge, MA) is looking to hire several summer Research Interns and Research Scientists to join the Cognitive Visualization Lab. We are looking for candidates with a research track record in Information Visualization, preferably with experience in Human-Computer Interaction, decision-making processes, and social sciences.
Our research group aims to advance the state of the art on visual analytics. We are an interdisciplinary group comprised of computer scientists, data scientists, social network analysts, and designers. We are working on a diverse set of truly fascinating projects, including pure Research and Development (R&D)/papers (VIS/InfoVis/VAST, CHI, EuroVis), applied mathematics, developing prototypes for the most important industries in the world, and gallery installations. These positions would be working directly with Cody Dunne and Mauro Martino.
Our laboratory is located a few minutes from the MIT campus in an inclusive and friendly work environment. Despite being small geographically, Boston has 58 colleges and universities and hosts a vibrant academic atmosphere.
Research KeywordsInformation Visualization, Data Science, Big Data Analytics, Information Design, Social Computing, Network Analysis, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science
- Design, implement, and evaluate a novel visual analytics prototype following user-centered design principles.
- Investigate creative Human-Computer Interaction systems for deeper levels of expression and engagement.
- Publish and present results to both the academic community and to non-scientists.
- Watson Research Intern | Cognitive Visualization
- Research Summer Intern | Information Visualization. This internship is for students that are keen on working full-time in Africa after they graduate. It will be in IBM Research under Werner Geyer.